This quickstart is intended for intermediate to advanced developers. It only gets you up and running with Actyx. For a gentler intro to Actyx, head to the Chat Tutorial.
- Install and start Actyx on your computer
- Download Actyx for Windows
- Double click and run through the installer
- Start Actyx via the Start Menu; a tray icon will appear
- Download Actyx for Mac
- Open a terminal and run the following command
cd ~/Downloads; chmod +x actyxos-mac; ./actyxos-mac
- Now download and set up the quickstart project by running
npm init actyx quickstart
- Once the set up is done, navigate into the
quickstartdirectory and run it with
npm run start
If you see messages starting with "Hello" pop up, everything is working! Press Ctrl+C to shutdown the process.
If you get this error please double-check that Actyx is actually running on your computer.
- Now you are ready to start programming on Actyx
Try editing the code in the
index.ts file. Then save your changes and restart the node process.